A rare opportunity exists for an experienced Horse Groom to join the team at a large cattle operation in Central Victoria. Looking after the owners horses, you will be working over a 5 day week and undertaking all horse groom and stable duties in new state of the art facilities in a beautiful setting and riding countryside.
Reporting directly to the Farm Manager, your daily duties will include:
- Exercise horses daily (riding)
- Feeding when necessary and watering
- Daily equine care
- Maintain and clean stables, tack room and feed room
- Keep all tack clean and maintained
- Ensure rugs and paddock gear maintained
- Ensure ménage kept clean and maintained
- Keep the horse paddocks clean and safe
Skills and Experience required:
- Event or dressage riding skills
- Proven experience working in an Equestrian Stable
- Able to operate independently without close supervision
- A “service” approach to work and duties
For hard work and experience, you will be rewarded with a competitive salary, ability to choose 2 agreed days off a week (besides weekends), the ability to work with a small but passionate team and the potential to live on site in a beautiful setting only 15 minutes drive from Seymour.
For further information, please contact Belinda on 0433 313 449 or alternatively, to apply for the position, please submit your resume by clicking the "apply now" button.