It's an exciting time to join this highly regarded and growing national NFP organisation.
- Permanent part-time position (4 days per week – excluding Friday)
The Australian Childhood Foundation is a national children’s charity aiming to prevent child abuse and reduce the harm it causes to children, families and the community. It provides specialist trauma counselling and therapeutic care programs to children and young people affected by abuse, as well as running research, education and community awareness programs.
The key responsibility of the Therapeutic Specialist is to act as a specialist therapeutic consultant and practitioner within the therapeutic residential program and for other children/young people referred to the Foundation. This requires you to take a leadership role with the development and implementation of appropriate therapeutic support for each child/young person.
As such the role will provide:
- Specialist therapeutic support to the carers (residential) and other members of the care team
- The delivery of specialised training about trauma and therapeutic care to professionals, carers and volunteer support people
- Direct therapeutic work with children/young people where appropriate
- Tertiary qualified in Psychology, Social Work or a related discipline.
- Eligibility for membership of the relevant professional association.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and direct service in the clinical assessment and treatment of children, young people and families.
- Highly developed ability to provide secondary consultation and advice to clinicians and other professionals.
- Demonstrated capacity to lead and manage in an area of challenging and complex practice.
- Demonstrated knowledge of trauma, attachment and neurobiology frameworks and theories.
- Substantial experience in the area of child abuse and/or in working with traumatised children.
- Demonstrated commitment to working collaboratively and the capacity to negotiate and liaise with volunteers, including carers, DHHS, other agencies and the community.
Remuneration & Benefits: The salary for these roles is up to $75, 858 + superannuation + salary packaging + use of a fully maintained car. The salary is determined on the basis of the employee’s experience and qualifications. In joining a strong, values based organisation, you will also have access to:
- An additional $3000 for a Masters degree/$5000 for a Doctorate in a relevant discipline
- Professional Development (up to $1000 (pro-rata) per year)
- Employee Assistance Program
Interested in this new opportunity to make a difference in the lives of children?
To apply for these positions, please email email@example.com mentioning the role title and location for a copy of the relevant position description. Please ensure you access and save the position description before commencing your application. Then, please address the criteria of this document in your cover letter, making note that further screening questions will apply on application. Please ensure applications are uploaded online via the APPLY NOW button. For application enquiries or questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Holly on 08 8111 8502 (All positions are being responded to from Hoban Adelaide Branch).
Closing date: 5pm AEST Monday 26 June, 2017