HOBAN Recruitment is seeking an experienced Senior Clinician to work within the Psychology and Support Services team, to contribute to community safety through excellence in the delivery of adult correctional services. The team aims to promote positive client outcomes thorough the provision of high quality clinical services and rehabilitation promotion activities. Under the close direction of the Senior Manager, you will:
- Provide a high level of appropriate skilled clinical assessment and interventions to detainees with mental health issues;
- Exercise independent professional judgement in solving problems and managing cases where principles, procedures and techniques require expansion, adaptation and modification;
- Liaise with carers and other service providers to facilitate effective service provision;
- Contribute to the planning, development and evaluation of client programs and services;
- Contribute to the evaluation and analysis of policies and procedures applicable to professional practice;
- Provide professional supervision and training to Health Professionals 1 & 2, custodial and other support staff;
- Provide professional supervision and training to students of the same discipline and assist in the supervision of other students;
- Under professional supervision, participate in/or implement and coordinate research programs in relevant areas of service delivery;
- Initiate and coordinate quality improvement activities in areas of speciality;
- Participate in ongoing professional education, supervision and personal performance review process;
- Exercise a high level of appropriate crisis counseling and problem resolution to detainees at risk of suicide or self harm; and,
- Maintain records in accordance with the Territory Records Act 2002.
To be succesful in this role, you will demonstrate:
- Experience in providing high quality assessment and interventions using established principles, techniques and methods;
- High level oral and written communication skills;
- The ability to utilise a range of information technology applications to maintain documentation and data collection;
- The ability to work collaboratively to provide clinical/pyschological assessment and (crisis) interventions of a psychological or rehabilitative nature to detainees with mild to moderate mental health problems in a correctional setting;
- The ability to maintain and prioritise a caseload in a time-pressured environment;
- The ability to exercise a high level of independent professional judgement in relation to supporting operational requirements;
- The ability to work within and lead a multidisciplinary team; and,
- The ability to consistently display a commitment to, compliance with and leadership in high quality Customer Service, Workplace Diversity, Work Health & Safety and Industrial Democracy principles, practices and relevant legislation relating to these areas and an understanding and commitment to the organisation's values.
This position may require the candidate to work on-call arrangements and weekend/public holiday work hours, as per operations requirements. Tertiary qualifications in Psychology, Social Work or Occupational Therapy is vital. Current ACT registration where applicable and/or eligibility for membership of the appropriate professional organisation, is required. The successful applicant will be required to be registered under the Working with Vulnerable People (Background Checking) Act 2011 and will be required to undergo a Pre-employment Medical Assessment and a Police Record Check.
Questions can be referred to the HOBAN Canberra Team on (02) 6108 3800.