HOBAN Recruitment is seeking an experienced Junior Clinician to work within the Psychology and Support Services team, to contribute to community safety through excellence in the delivery of adult correctional services. The team aims to promote positive client outcomes thorough the provision of high quality clinical services and rehabilitation promotion activities. Under the close direction of a Senior Professional Officer, you will:
- Provide appropriate assessment and interventions using established principles, techniques and methods, across a number of clinical areas, including completing clinical and administrative data collection and evaluation to standard;
- Liaise with carers and other service providers as required;
- Participate in supervision, continuing professional development and performance management;
- Active contribution in education programs and teaching and training for areas of clinical service delivery;
- Active contribution in team and program related service activities as required;
- Active contribution in the implementation of governance activity, quality improvement projects, research programs, and rehabilitation promotion in areas relevant to service;
- Undertake other duties as appropriate to this level of classification and within the approved scope of clinical practice which contribute to the operation of the section; and,
- Maintain records in accordance with the Territory Records Act 2002.
To be succesful in this role, you will demonstrate:
- Experience in providing appropriate assessment and interventions using established principles, techniques and methods;
- Effective oral and written communication skills;
- The ability to utilise a range of information technology applications to maintain documentation and data collection;
- The ability to manage and prioritise a caseload in a time pressured environment;
- An understanding of working in a multi-disciplinary team; and,
- The ability to consistently display a commitment to, compliance with and leadership in high quality Customer Service, Workplace Diversity, Work Health & Safety and Industrial Democracy principles, practices and relevant legislation, and an understanding of and commitment to the organisation's values.
Tertiary qualifications in Psychology, Social Work or Occupational Therapy is vital. Current ACT registration where applicable and/or eligibility for membership of the appropriate professional organisation, is required. The successful applicant will be required to be registered under the Working with Vulnerable People (Background Checking) Act 2011 and will be required to undergo a Pre-employment Medical Assessment and a Police Record Check.
Questions can be referred to the HOBAN Canberra Team on (02) 6108 3800.